The Health Lodge provides a healing sanctuary, catering for all your needs during your journey back to health.
Customised Wellness Programs for Chronic Health Conditions
Being chronically unwell means you can lose the ability to live a full, happy life. At The Health Lodge we have taken some of the stress out of creating a complex and effective wellness plan by bringing a team of specialised medical and holistic practitioners together in one clinic.
Often, getting expert help on the path to recovery is difficult. Our wellness experts have experience in all aspects of chronic health and treat conditions such as clinical depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain, insomnia and other sleep disorders, arthritis, fibromyalgia, PTSD, diabetes, Graves disease, lupus, multiple sclerosis, fertility issues, hormonal imbalances and cancer.
With the combined approach of medical and complementary medicine the underlying cause of your condition can gradually become clear. This deeper level of understanding allows us to help you, as an individual, tailor the most effective treatment protocol for your condition. We make sure that a stay at The Health Lodge, where you are listened to and nurtured, focusses solely on healing your chronic health aliment that robs you of true wellness and quality of life.
Byron Bay is renowned for its healing oceans, volcanically charged land, local organic produce and clean air. It also attracts some of Australia's best health care practitioners. For all of these reasons it is the perfect place to begin the journey that will take you towards healing.
We personalise your Wellness Program to your needs
From the moment you arrive at The Health Lodge to embark on your customised wellness program, to the moment of your departure, we ensure you have everything you need for your journey to positive health results.
Our leading wellness program includes all therapeutic sessions, an after-care program to support you, a personalised menu written by our nutritionist and prepared by our chef and beautiful in-house accommodation with your own private, spacious facilities.
Generally, patients stay at The Health Lodge between one to four weeks, depending on their needs and wellness program structure.
What to expect:
1. Initial assessment
- One of our specialised health practitioners will talk to you via Skype or phone so that we have a comprehensive health history and outline of dietary requirements before you arrive.
- Our team will be advised of your arrival date and program to make sure we have everything in place prior to your arrival.
- We can provide a transport service to pick you up from Ballina or Coolangatta Airport if needed.
- After your arrival, you will have time to settle into your accommodation and familiarise yourself with your personalised health schedule.
- Over the first few days, you’ll meet your personal health team, including your GP, Naturopath, Psychologist, Chiropractor, and Acupuncturist, who will perform a full assessment of your health condition.
2. Functional pathology testing
At The Health Lodge we use the latest scientific testing to help us paint a complete picture of your health. We will conduct a number of functional pathology tests including gastrointestinal, hormonal, nutritional, food sensitivity and general pathology screening.
3. Therapeutic treatment
Your health team will work hand in hand with you to deliver a personal health plan made up of therapeutic treatments that enable you to effectively address your health.
4. After Care Program
Upon check out you will receive a comprehensive and easy to use after care program as well as complete records of your consultations and diagnostic reports. Follow up sessions are arranged via Skype or phone.
Sample structure of your Wellness Program:
Nutrition - The Wellness Kitchen Philosophy
Our Wellness Kitchen is the most important of the dispensaries we offer because we believe food can be your medicine.
We provide guests with food that is local, seasonal and organic; we cater to vegetarians and to other palates with a delicious array of fruits and vegetables, local fish and grass-fed meat. With these healthy choices, the medicinal food kitchen is able to create a food experience that is pleasurable, nutritious and healing. No bland meals. Just food packed with taste, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and love.
Because relieving illness through food is an integral part of The Health Lodge’s healing program we also tailor every single meal to your bio-individuality. Even better, being involved in your food preparation is an essential part of your stay so you can return home with enough confidence to prepare healing, delicious food in your own kitchen.
We know that eating well is part of your journey towards achieving optimal health.
The Health Lodge offers comfortable and peaceful in-patient facilities, providing a healing sanctuary that caters for all your needs during your journey back to health.
The tranquil and totally private setting provides a nurturing environment for assessment, intensive treatment and long-term wellness planning.
Program Costs - Your personalised program inclusions
- An initial intake phone or skype consultation to ensure we have all your case details to present to the team and design your program.
- Newly renovated private accommodation with your own bathroom facilities.
- A front line team of doctor, nurse, naturopath and psychologist.
- Full support of our medical and complementary team – therapeutic support according to your needs - this can include medical doctors, naturopathy, psychology, physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, yoga, meditation and massage therapy.
- Nutritionist and chef who will transform your individual eating plan into delicious organic meals specific to your health requirements
- A personal health director who will oversee and co-ordinate every aspect of your care during your stay
- A comprehensive discharge report outlining treatment findings, extra pathology results, dietary direction and recipes, follow up appointment times
- Airport transfers from Ballina or Coolangatta airport if required
Extras may include diagnostics, consultation with specialists, IV vitamins, supplementation and medication.
Chronic Health Program (7 days ) all inclusive - cost $ 9,900 plus GST - inclusive of practitioner sessions
Carer Program (7 days) - cost $ 2900 plus GST
Day Fix Program (1 day) - cost $990 plus GST
Feel free to call us on (02) 6685 6445 to discuss how a stay can help you regain control of your health.