At some stage or another many of us will experience issues with our mental and emotional well being. Whether it be depression, anxiety, or any of a range of disorders that can afflict us it is important to know that support is available and there is so much that we can do to support you on your journey back to happiness and calm.
Increasingly science is looking toward the wholistic picture of the mind and body when dealing with mental health. At The Health Lodge your team of Doctors, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Naturopaths, Physical Therapists, Acupuncturists, Yoga and Meditation teachers will work together to ensure that you achieve the optimum picture of physical and mental health.
Mental Wellbeing is an area that can be wonderfully supported through a combination of integrated techniques. During this 5 day Mental Wellness retreat you will learn;
- An understanding of the treatment modalities that are available to support you on your path, and how you can use them together to restore yourself to balance and calm.
- How Herbal Medicines can support you to supplement and sometimes replace pharmaceutical medications.
- An understanding of how diet and metabolism can effect mental health – we can assess the state of your metabolic health and give naturopathic support to ensure your achieve the best possible metabolic function to support your mental health.
- Vital knowledge around nutrition and new cooking skills learning about ingredients and how to cook foods that will support your emotional well being.
- The importance of physical movement for emotional health and new techniques to restore you to your natural state of balance.
- About the magic of yoga and meditation (including the wondrous yoga nidra!) as tools that you utilise to enhance your experience of life and overall well being.
Allowing your body and mind the essential time needed to regenerate is key when recovering from mental health conditions. Within these retreats there is space and time to rest – with beach walks, reading time and yoga nidra all part of the daily program.
Our Anxiety and Depression wellness stays are an ideal opportunity to understand key strategies needed to regain your health and well being.
Organic meals include meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes. This is a delicious diet with plenty of options to inspire your taste buds and satisfy healthy appetites. With education being a vital part of our program participants are encouraged to work in with the food practitioners to learn how to prepare these foods for when you return home.
The program includes wellness seminars with our team of integrated practitioners, specifically designed around your health and wellness needs with a focus on mindfulness, digestive health, emotions and stress impacting on your energy.
- The benefits of seeing a psychologist vs psychiatrist
- Food – the new mood enhancer
- The role of medication and supplementation
- The importance of Movement in treating mental health conditions
You will leave feeling restored, nourished and nurtured ready to take on the rest of the year ahead.
- 5 nights accommodation
- Daily yoga and mindfulness
- Activity – beach walk, light house walk, swim
- Art therapy
- Equine therapy
- All organic meals, snacks and beverages
- Key wellness seminars
- Cooking lessons
Cost $1960 per person – shared room | $2400 per person – own room | $3600 - couple
Places are limited.